Wednesday 30 July 2014

Sippo Cafe

I first passed Sippo Cafe with Vivian when we met up in Tokyo. We actually passed it on our way to Yamada, I must admit that it caught Vivian's eye more than mine. But as we were pressed for time we just left it. This time around when out with Kat we had more time and better weather so we decide to take a look.

Front the outside Sippo Cafe just looks as if it just sells second hand furniture and home ware. Upon further inspection there is a cafe in the back with pretty wooden furniture and a lot of wall clocks. Looking thorough my photos I notice a menu stuck one of pieces of furniture outside! The front of the shop has a great mixture of the souvenirs and zakka gifts.

Despite having the usual mix of kokeshi, Mt. Fuji things, washing tapes, handkerchiefs, cups, postcards etc. it was cool to see other brands or things that you wouldn't see in Loft or Yruindo. They stocked many handmade products too and I think everything was made or produced in Japan. I really should take better note of new brands I see! Next time I will be more observation specially to make a price comparison.

Sippo is another great and find, if I hadn't indulged in both Sublo and Yamada that day I would've pick up much more. If I happen to be in Tokyo before my mum's birthday next month I may get her present there. I like the mix of pre-loved and typical souvenirs. I would also like to go back and try the cafe as well the Yamada coffee shop.

http://sippo-test2.jimdo.com/
〒 181-0013, Mitaka, Tokyo Shimorenjaku 3-32-15 1F
OPEN 12:00 ~ 21:30
Closed Thursday
☎ :0422-26-7414
✉:sippo@dailies.co,jp













7 comments :

  1. Lovely place! I don't have any like this in my city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I feel very lucky to live in Japan.

      Delete
  2. awwww i could live in this place :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it's such a great area one of my favourite places in Tokyo.

      Delete
  3. Wow what a wonderful place! I think I could spend hours in a place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I would raid this stationery section with all those adorable kokeshi's!!! I'd go broke at one store haha. I'd l-o-v-e to go to Japan for stationery shopping!

    ReplyDelete